The player must first place their bet. Once finished, the dealer will spin the roulette and throw a small ball in the opposite direction to the spin of the roulette.
Today, roulette wheels already have an air shooter that propels the ball at different speeds.
In addition, in the case of online casinos, roulettes have a random number generator (RNG).
Finally, when the roulette ceases, the ball is placed on one of the numbers. Depending on the bet you have made, you can win more or less money.
These types of bets are very simple, and also, the odds of winning are high. However, you should take into account that the payments will be lower.
The different bets are as follows:
- Color (red / black). With this bet, you play 18 numbers, since the roulette has 18 numbers of red color and 18 of black color. The payout is 1 x 1. For practical purposes, this means that you will receive € 1 for every euro wagered.
- Odd / Even. Where you also play 18 numbers, and the payment is 1×1.
- High / Low. Where you bet on the low number group (from 1 to 18) or the high number group (from 19 to 36), you play 18 numbers, and the payment is 1×1.
These types of bets are more difficult to win because you bet on fewer numbers. However, the prices are higher.
The most common multiple bets are as follows:
- A dozen. It is about betting between which dozen will be the winning number. There are 3 different dozen. In this case, 12 numbers are played, and the payout is 2×1. You also have the option to bet two dozen, although these have to be consecutive. In this case, you will play 12 numbers, and the payment will be 0.5×1.
- A column. You will have to choose one of the 3 columns. It is played to 12 numbers, and the payment is 2×1. You can also bet on two consecutive columns. In this case, you will play 12 numbers, and the payment will be 0.5×1.
- A six. Where 6 numbers are a bet that is on two consecutive lines, payment is 5×1.
- A box. Where 4 numbers are a bet that is arranged to form a square. The payment is 8×1.
- Transversal. Where 3 numbers are a bet that is in the same row. The payment is 11×1. You can also bet 0, 1, and 2 or 0, 2, and 3.
- Horses. It is a bet on two numbers that are together both horizontally and vertically. The payment is 17×1.
- Plenary. When you bet a single number. The payment is 35×1.
- Wheel bets
These types of bets are those in which you bet on the numbers that are in a close position on the wheel itself.
In the online roulette tables, there are several boxes to make this type of bet, although, for this, you will have to use several chips.
The most common bets are as follows:
- Neighbors from scratch. In this case, you bet on the number 0, the nine numbers that are to the left of 0 (22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3 and 26) and the seven numbers that are on the right (32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25). That is, in total, you will bet on 17 numbers. For this, you will need to use a total of 7 chips, since you will have to make 7 bets. In this case, each bet will be paid, taking into account the numbers covered.
- Zero play. In this move, you will bet on 0, on the 3 numbers on the left of 0 (35, 3, and 26) and on the three numbers on the right of 0 (32, 15, and 19). In total, you will bet on 7 different numbers. For this, you will need 4 chips.
- A third of the cylinder. In this case you will bet on 12 different numbers: 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33. For this, you will need 6 chips.
- Full orphans. In this type of play, you will bet on a total of 8 numbers. The numbers involved are those that are neither neighbors of 0 nor in a third of the cylinder. That is: 1, 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34). For this bet, you will need 8 chips.
- Orphans on horseback. The same numbers will be involved in this type of bet, but you will place the bet with only 5 chips.